星期日, 4月 01, 2012

My first time microteaching

What is a microteaching?

According to the definition given by Wikipedia, microteaching is a training technique whereby the teacher reviews a videotape of the lesson after each session, in order to conduct a "post-mortem". Teachers find out what has worked, which aspects have fallen short, and what needs to be done to enhance their teaching technique.

During a microteaching, teachers are normally asked to prepare or simulate a short lesson (around 10 minutes or one of the stages) for his or her classmates (co-learners). At the same time, the microteaching will be recorded or videotaped for further discussion with lecturer and classmates.

Last Sunday, I eventually had a chance to experience my first time of microteaching. It was really terrible. Since I have been a teacher for couple of years, microteaching is supposedly a piece of cake for me, but that day it unexpectedly ended up in a failure. Probably I didn’t prepare very well for it.

No doubt, microteaching provides a trainee teacher like me a great opportunity to review my way of teaching whether it works. Obviously my teaching method (in microteaching) looked very abnormal and out of my expectation everything turned out FUNNY~ Oh my God~



What do you think? Your comments and feedbacks are highly appreciated as I’m still bending over backwards for my reflection....

沒有留言: