星期二, 1月 31, 2012

Fun with Tongue Twister

It's true. How well a student paying attention in class is dependent on how well a teacher delivers a lesson. This statement is proved by one of my lecturers, Dr. Siva. (His bald head and his English enunciation makes him looks like an African American~)

Honestly, I am absolutely enjoying his class although his class is set on sleepy afternoon. His lecture is undoubtedly changing my stereotypical mind toward English language. Lots of jokes, of course, but most importantly is lots of sparks and enlightenment during his class. English pronunciation seems not so hard to command, but the sound, intonation and stress pattern are really FUN to learn~~

His class is never boring. How fortunate I am to have such kind of English teacher.

I'm starting to fall in love with English^^

Today, Dr Siva taught us Tongue Twister. Many of you wonder what is that actually?

Tongue Twister, in Chinese, we named it as Raokouling 繞口令. Yeah, I think you have got it. Tongue Twister is some phrases which are purposely made to 'twist' your tongue, so you will never ever forget the toughness to recite it. And, surely you can practice the pronunciation at the same time.

I was a Chinese Crosstalk aka Xiangsheng tutor in my previous school, so I used to recite Raokouling when I am free. So, I love this English Raokouling too. By the way, I think English tongue twister is a bit easier than Chinese version though my tongue is Chinese.

Show you some tongue twister, lets get your tongue TWISTED~!!!

She sells sea-shells on the sea-shore.
The shells she sells are sea-shells, I'm sure.
For if she sells sea-shells on the sea-shore
Then I'm sure she sells sea-shore shells.

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked,
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
How many pickled peppers did Peter Piper pick?

Swan swam over the sea,
Swim Swan swim,
Swan swam back again,
Well swam Swan.

Hey English language teachers, try these with your kids ya~

沒有留言: