星期日, 2月 05, 2012

Real Chinese

What do you mean by ‘REAL’? The meaning isn’t merely ‘actual or genuine’, but it can be also interpreted as ‘majestic or royal’. I preferred the latter meaning.

Frankly, I wish to be a Chinese Language teacher because I love Chinese culture eagerly though ended up with English instead. Of course, I feel disappointed at the beginning.

But, after reflecting for several times (yeah, this is called ‘intrapersonal intelligence’), I find myself are lucky and comfortable to be English teacher as I need not to force myself to teach our kids those ‘unreal Chinese culture’ which I myself am absolutely not accepting.

I don’t want to mislead my children.

I am a TRADITONAL character lover and dislike those distorted so-called-simplified character but simplified character has been prescribed in our syllabus. Another thing is Cheongsam or Samfu ISN’T belonged to Chinese (It’s from Manchurian istead), but unfortunately a lot of Chinese teachers have no knowing about this.

If I saw my student answering me Cheongsam isn’t Chinese, shall I mark it as wrong for the sake of the syllabus?

No offensive but it’s true. Our Chinese culture is being severely contaminated and sadly no any revising is seen so far.

How heavy my feeling is if I teach Chinese x.x~ Luckily, it won’t happen. Anyway, I am not going let this situation last but I will try my very best to spread our real Chinese culture by using English since it is free from the syllabus. Hehe, nice plan huh^^

Share this video to all of you, they are a real Chinese family indeed. Salute to this Ong family. (Malay subtitle is provided in this video)


For your information, our Chinese traditional cloth is called HANFU instead of cheongsam/samfu. This reason why we hardly find Hanfu elsewhere currently because… I will tell you in my following post, stay tuned~

That’s it for today’s English brushing. Thank you and good day.

沒有留言: